“Dan Holloway is something of a phenomenon: poet, novelist, publisher, commentator, event organiser and promoter; there isn’t much connected with literature that he doesn’t do, and do with gusto and a probing desire to experiment.” Sabotage Reviews
SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER (& GET A FREE POETRY BOOK)
If you would like to receive updates about events, new books, and the occasional tidbit of interest, AND get a free ecopy of my poetry pamphlet “I cannot bring myself to look at walls in case you have graffitied them with love poetry” please subscribe to my totally non-spammy, only-issued-when-there’s-something-to-say newsletter by clicking here. Thanks!
My writing is based on some very simple ideas
- Art can, and should try to, change the world.
- Art should tell the truth, the artist’s truth, scraped from the deepest place inside them
- There are too many “good” books already. We shouldn’t add to the number.
- Everything is political, and nothing more so than mealy-mouthed writers claiming they aren’t political.
- Great writing doesn’t think outside the box. It never knew what the box was in the first place.
- Every life is precious and unique, and has the right to be told, and heard, in its own voice.
- It is better to try to be extraordinary and fail than to try to be ordinary and succeed.
- Art should be free wherever possible, but those who have been moved by it and can afford to do so should pay for it.
Retain the passion for your writing throughout your self-publishing journey by learning to define success in terms of your own personal dreams for your writing. Click the cover above to buy Self-publish with Integrity for your Kindle
Imagine a Hannibal Lecter novel set in Oxford University. Bestselling dark psychological thriller The Company of Fellows, voted “favourite Oxford novel” by Blackwell’s readers, is available now for Kindle. Just click the cover below
“inspirational” “genius” “the best thing I have ever read” – just some of the comments about Evie and Guy, a novel written entirely without words (if you don’t want to click through to find it, download it free by clicking here).
“captures the rhythms and nuances of how we live now in a way that has rarely been done better” LA Books Examiner about the novel “Songs from the Other Side of the Wall”
Songs From The Other Side Of The Wall is a lyrical literary love story about a teenage girl, born the day the Berlin Wall came down, trying to forge her identity in the new Europe.
I write literary erotica set in Oxford University under the name of Dani Ko. Click the cover above for part one.
“romantic paeans to hedonism, tinged with sadness” (Writeoutloud) – sign up to my newsletter for a free, critically acclaimed poetry pamphlet
You will find me performing poetry and short stories, and occasionally my show Some of These Things Are Beautiful, a memory of lost friendships, all over the place. Click here to find me.
“a brilliant night” (For Books’ Sake)
My touring troupe of troubadours The New Libertines has been delighting crowds since summer 2011. Our spoken word events, crafted like the best albums and adhering to the principle of “no headline acts, no support”, offer light in dark corners, desire in the face of boredom, despair hidden beneath the underskirts of affluence.
I have been gigging, blogging, reviewing, and generally causing mayhem in the name of getting more light on great literature and less light on “more of the same old same old good books” since 2009. You can find links to the whole kit and caboodle right here.