“Dan Holloway is something of a phenomenon: poet, novelist, publisher, commentator, event organiser and promoter; there isn’t much connected with literature that he doesn’t do, and do with gusto and a probing desire to experiment.” Sabotage Reviews
Coming on March 21st – the launch of a completely reformatted and refreshed Evie and Guy, quite possibly the most original book you have ever read. “inspirational” “genius” “the best thing I have ever read”
My writing is based on some very simple ideas
- Art can, and should try to, change the world.
- Art should tell the truth, the artist’s truth, scraped from the deepest place inside them
- There are too many “good” books already. We shouldn’t add to the number.
- Everything is political, and nothing more so than mealy-mouthed writers claiming they aren’t political.
- Great writing doesn’t think outside the box. It never knew what the box was in the first place.
- Every life is precious and unique, and has the right to be told, and heard, in its own voice.
- It is better to try to be extraordinary and fail than to try to be ordinary and succeed.
- Art should be free wherever possible, but those who have been moved by it and can afford to do so should pay for it.
Retain the passion for your writing throughout your self-publishing journey by learning to define success in terms of your own personal dreams for your writing. Click the cover above to buy Self-publish with Integrity for your Kindle
“captures the rhythms and nuances of how we live now in a way that has rarely been done better” LA Books Examiner about the novel “Songs from the Other Side of the Wall”
Songs From The Other Side Of The Wall is a lyrical literary love story about a teenage girl, born the day the Berlin Wall came down, trying to forge her identity in the new Europe.
I run regular events, including a monthly poetry night at Waterstones in Oxford, as well as performing and giving presentations on creativity and mental health. Full details can be found here.